Who says you can’t have Thanksgiving turkey in your RV?
Cranberry Orange Turkey Slow Cooker Recipe
This is a great recipe for someone who doesn't just want turkey with cranberry sauce. The orange flavor gives depth to the traditional cranberry sauce used in the slow cooker.
- slow cooker
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 3 lb turkey breast skinless & boneless
- Place turkey breast in bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, cranberry sauce and grated orange peel. Divide mixture in half, pouring half over the turkey. Refrigerate the remaining half of the sauce for serving.
- Cook in the slow cooker on high for one hour, then switch to low for 5-6 hours until turkey is cooked through. Alternatively, you can cook on low for 8-1/2 hours.
- Remove turkey breast from slow cooker and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining cranberry sauce mixture in microwave for 30 seconds or until hot, and serve over sliced turkey breast. If you do not have a microwave, you can heat the sauce over low heat on the stove, stirring regularly, while the turkey rests.
You can use spiced orange marmalade if available to give it a holiday spice flavor too. Or adding a pinch of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to regular marmalade, mixed well, will add similar flavors to this dish.